Bookmark and Share

Frequently Asked Questions

Who May Have A Meal Plan?

 Any student registered for classes may purchase a meal plan.

If I live on-campus, am I required to have a meal plan?

Students living in the traditional and suite style residence halls must have the 19 or 14 Premium Meal Plan or 175 Block Meal plan. Students living in the Golden Bear Village Apartments, Honors Building and Efficiency Apartments in Dixon Hall may choose any meal plan.

How do I access my meal plan?

All students can access their meal plan, as well as sign up for a meal plan, by stopping in the office (106 Old Main) or using

Can I check my meal and flex dollars balances?

Find your Dining Flex Dollar balances at the bottom of your receipt from dining locations on campus. Or simply ask the cashier what your balance is. You can also track your meal and FLEX balances and transactions online by logging into your MyKU (Menu Item KU Card).

What happens if my ID card is lost, stolen, or damaged?

Students are encouraged to suspend their ID card online at the KU Card Website if they believe their card is lost or stolen. Suspended cards will be refused by all register card reader systems if anyone tries to use it. ID cards may be reinstated online at the website above. If you find an ID card that does not belong to you please turn it into Public Safety immediately.

Any ID cards that are damaged and no longer accepted by the register card reader systems must be replaced. New and replacement ID cards can be purchased at the One Card Office in Academic Forum.

When does the new meal plan week begin?

A new week for premium meal pans, begins with breakfast on Monday.

What is meal cash credit?

The Meal Cash Credit is equivalent to $5.10, which can be used in the food courts and coffee shops on campus.