The Career Development Center is home to numerous resources for your student's career development!
Your role as a family member of a college student is an important one. Your support and encouragement will continue to be important even as your student becomes more independent, self-sufficient, and comfortable with his or her new role as a college student at Kutztown University.
How You Can Help
- Encourage your student to begin planning his/her future career path as soon as he/she starts college. See Key to a Successful College Experience.
- Emphasize the importance of 1) good grades 2) related experience (part-time job, volunteer work, job shadowing, research experience, and internship) 3) taking advantage of CDC resources, services, and special events. See Schedule of Events.
- Celebrate your student's successes and encourage him/her to seek help as difficulties arise.
- Help your student to advocate for him/herself. Encourage him/her to take responsibility for solving issues and problems.
- Be patient and supportive.
The CDC serves undergraduate and graduate students from across all academic disciplines starting with their first semester at KU, as well as alumni, by helping them define their career goals and take the steps necessary to achieve them. We encourage you to browse our website to learn more about the wide range of career services, programs, and resources offered at Kutztown University.