Thank you for your interest in recruiting Kutztown University students and alumni!
We look forward to working with you to cultivate and enhance your recruitment efforts by providing a wide range of opportunities to interact with KU students, alumni, and faculty.
You may get involved by:
- Registering with KU Career Network to post your internship and job positions
- Recruiting through the On-Campus Interview (OCI) Program
- Participating in Internship and Job Fairs each semester (Fall & Spring)
- Hosting a student for a one to three day externship (job shadowing experience)
- Volunteering to offer mock interviews to develop students' interviewing skills
- Participating in employer discussion panels to educate students about your organization/field
- Promoting your organization and its opportunities through information sessions
- Engaging in networking events and professional development opportunities
- Communicating with faculty and academic departments
- Advertising positions through The Keystone student newspaper
KU Recruiting Resources
KU Recruiting Services and Opportunities
KU Career Network: Post Openings & Search for Candidates
KU Career Network (KUCN) is the primary online resource for preparing and connecting students and alumni with employers. KUCN enables employers the flexibility to post and maintain their own information, for free, to all 14 PA state university students and alumni.
The following services and resources are available to employers through KUCN:
- Employer Profiles
- Internship & Job Postings
- Career Fairs & Events Registration
- On-Campus Recruiting
- Resume Books
Access KU Career Network to request an account or log-in to an existing account.
- Click on the 'Register' button to request an account. Incomplete requests will delay the approval process and run the risk of being denied access.
- Next, fill in the required information. All fields makred with an asterisk (*) are required.
- At the bottom of the registration form, you will see a Policy Affirmation section. This section includes KU Recruiting Policies & Guidelines. You MUST review and accept our employer policies and guidelines before registration can be submitted.
- A confirmation email will be sent after the approval by the Career Development Center. Please allow at least two business days for your registration to be processed.
- Log-in with your username and password. Be sure to maintain an updated profile.
- If you forgot your password or need a new one, simply click on the 'Forgot Password' link on the main page. Enter in your username (email). A system-generated password link will be emailed for you to set your password. NOTE: You will not be able to retrieve your old password.
- Due to the high volume of postings received, the Career Development Center cannot create, maintain, nor edit postings for employers.
- Non-career related temporary, part-time, full-time, or seasonal opportunites may NOT be posted. These opportunities are posted at the discretion of the KU Finanical Aid Department. Please visit http://stupaa.kutztown.edu. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On-Campus Interviewing Program
Recruiting takes place in October, November, March, and April. To schedule an On-Campus Interview date to recruit for career-related internships and/or entry-level jobs, email email@example.com. Please be sure to include the following information:
- Date preference(s)
- Name, job title, phone number, and email address of the primary contact person
- Available positions/job titles of the internships and/or jobs for which you are recruiting
- The number of rooms you will need and number of interviewers
- Duration of interviews (30, 45, or 60 minutes)
Please note: On-Campus Interviewing is coordinated through the OCR module on KU Career Network. Please allow at least 2 business days for your request to be processed.
Internship & Job Fairs
The KU CDC hosts three annual fairs for organizations to recruit students and alumni. Events include an Internship & Job Fair each semester and the Job Fair for Educators in the Spring. Registration is through KU Career Network. The CDC also actively participates in the Lehigh Valley Collegiate Career Expo (LVCCE). For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Sessions & Tables
Information sessions may be scheduled by organizations once per semester. It is the responsibility of the hosting organization to promote and market the session to students. Information tables may be reserved once per semester for military organizations and special-mission non-profits. Requests should be directed at least one month in advance to email@example.com.
Student Clubs & Organizations
With approximately 150 student clubs and organizations, there are numerous opportunities for industry-related presentations and events. Visit KUnited for the listing of registered student groups.
The Keystone Student Newspaper
Consider placing an advertisement in the student newspaper, The Keystone, by contacting 610-683-4098 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources for Developing an Effective Internship Program
- NACE Internship & Co-op Survey
- Starting and Maintaining a Quality Internship Program (Compiled and edited by Michael True, Messiah College)
- Intern Bridge (The nation's premier college recruiting consulting and research firm)
- Internship in a Box (Career Philly's resource to aid employers in building an internship program)
- Internship Programs Under the Fair Labor Standards Act