Career Development Center
Welcome to the KU Career Development Center.
We recognize like college itself, career development is a journey and we look forward to assisting KU students and alumni in reaching their destination!
With a well-trained and dedicated staff, over 60 scheduled events each semester, and a comprehensive library of resources, KU students can develop realistic career goals, confidently approach their professional job search, and secure meaningful employment.
Seniors, attend your Senior Kickoff to receive the information and support needed to successfully find employment or prepare for admission to graduate school. Walk away with the knowledge, resources, and confidence to finish strong at KU! (Choose the session that best fits your schedule; no registration required)
- Tue Sep 2 11-11:50 MSU 218
- Wed Sep 3 3-3:50 MSU 218
- Tue Sep 9 11-11:50 MSU 218
Quick Question/Walkin Hours (Weekdays 2-4 pm....starting Tue Sep 2)
Have a quick question? Need your resume reviewed? No appointment needed. Stop by the Career Development Center. Please review NEW Review Service Policy here.
Mock Interview Mania Week (Mon Sep 22 - Fri Sep 26)
Interviewing is a skill! Practice with a professional employer. Professional attire, preferably a business suit, and a resume required.
- Reserved for Juniors and Seniors (60+ credits completed).
- Space is limited! Click here to sign-up. Sign-ups continue until 9/15 or capacity is reached.
Senior Etiquette Dinner (Tue Sep 30)
Learn the basics of proper dining etiquette. Free dinner provided!
- Open to Seniors only (90+ credits completed).
- Sign-ups continue until 9/23 or capacity is reached. Click here to register.
Free Practice Test by Kaplan (Sat 10/11- GMAT 10:00 am, GRE 1:30pm, MCAT 3:30pm, LSAT 7:00pm)
Take a FREE online graduate school entrance exam practice test from your personal computer. Register HERE by 10/8.
Fall Internship and Job Fair (Wed Oct 8 12-3)
This is your opportunity to shake hands and talk with employers. Learn about internships and job openings and get your resume out to employers.
- Open to all KU students and alumni.
- The list of participating employers will be posted in KUCN in late September.
- Professional attire, preferably a business suit, and a resume required for admission.
2014 Poetry and Poster Contest (deadline Fri Oct 31 4:00 pm)
KU Career Development Center in conjunction with the National Career Development Association announce the 2014 Poetry and Poster Contest.
National Career Development Month (November)
Join the Career Development Center as we celebrate NCDM all month long. NOW is the time to start your career journey and we are here to help!
- Kick-off Celebration (Activities and Prizes) Wed Oct 29 10-3 MSU Lobby
- Coffee and Convos Industry Panels (Pre-registration begins 9/22- Check back for registration link)
Careers in Music Tue Nov 4 11-11:50 MSU 250 Preregister by 10/28
Careers in Modern Languages Thu Nov 6 11-11:50 MSU 250 Preregister by 10/31
Careers in Mathematics Thu Nov 13 11-11:50 MSU 250 Preregister by 11/6
Presentation Skills for the Workplace Tue Nov 11 5-6:30 OM Georgian Rm Preregister by11/4
- The Three B's to a Successful Career Journey Mon Nov 17 7:30-8:30 MSU 218
Join alumna, Marlyn Kissner, to learn the three B's to a successful career journey and how to apply them to your career and your life starting right now.
- Career Week in the Residence Halls Mon Nov 17 - Wed Nov 19
Mon, CDC Info Table 4-7pm South Dining Hall
Mon, The Three B's to a Successful Career Journey 7:30-8:30pm MSU 218
Tue, CDC Mini Workshop Marathon (Come to one or all) 6-9pm Lehigh Hall Rec Room
(Personal Branding 6PM, Exploring Careers through Job Shadowing 7PM, Writing Your Resume & Cover Letter 8PM)
Wed, CDC Mini Workshop Marathon (Come to one or all) 6-9pm Dixon Conference Room-
(Successful Interviewing 6PM, Using Social Media in Your Job Search 7PM, Thinking About Grad School? 8PM)