- When I try to manage my time, my biggest issue is... (Procrastination, Busyness, Forgotten Deadlines)
- Think about an average week. How much time do you invest in different actitivities? (Sleep, Socializing, Studying, Class)
- What are your most important commitments?
- What are you doing that is not productive?
Tips to Organize your Time
- Use a weekly schedule to plot your week.
- Use a planner/calendar to schedule appointments and record test and project due dates.
- Check your planner/calendar regularly!
- Schedule study times at the time of day when you have the most energy.
- Know when to stop--set realistic goals as to how much you can do in a day.
- Write lists and check off completed items.
- Prioritize your tasks.
- Take advantage of every moment to study-between classes, during a break, etc. Five minute chunks of time add up!
- Relax-don't forget to schedule down time.
- Stay healthy by sleeping, eating, and exercising regularly.
Benefits of Time Management
- You gain time!
- You reduce your anxiety.
- You eliminate cramming.
- You reduce your procrastination/avoidance of tasks.
Laughing out loud relaxes your body, boosts your immune system, releases endorphins, and protects your heart. That good feeling stays with you long after a good laugh.
What do you call a train that dances?
A Tutu Train