Test Taking Tips
The best way to be prepared for taking a test is to be a conscientious student from the start.
- Get plenty of exercise and rest every day.
- Do not miss class.
- Get to know your professor and classmates.
- Come to class prepared with readings and homework complete.
- Review material learned in class for 10 to 20 minutes daily.
- Begin reviewing for tests at least a week in advance.
- Seek assistance from classmates or tutors if you do not understand concepts.
- Do not wait to request a tutor.
- Tutors can help you even if you think you understand.
- Click here to find out more about tutoring services.
Specific test taking strategies are based on the type of test you are taking. Click a link below for specific test strategies.
Click to understand and manage test anxiety.