Follow the three Ps for a memorable presentation
- Choose an interesting topic
- Carefully consider visual aids like pictures, charts, statistics, and short video clips
- Tie your presentation to class material or other students' presentations, if possible
- Have a Plan B just in case something goes wrong
- Know the time limitations on your presentation
- Practice your presentation ONE DAY BEFORE your date
- Become familiar with your technology
- Make sure your presentation does not fall too far under or over your time limit
- Rehearse with friends or in front of a mirror
- Connect with your audience by making eye contact and answering questions
- Avoid turning your back on the audience
- Wear appropriate clothing - avoid jeans with holes, T-shirts, flip flops or baseball caps
- Monitor your speech and be careful not to use "uh," "like," and "you know"
- Project your voice and articulate your words
- Be confident, and have some fun!