Note Taking Techniques
- Taking notes is only half of your job! Read the text and review previous notes before each class to improve your understanding.
- Notes should be effective study aids that are easy to read:
- Use dark, ball point pens
- Write legibly
- Leave blanks when you are unsure and get clarification from the instructor after class
- Use space to separate main ideas and details
- Mark points of emphasis
- Underline Key Words
- Limited (or eliminate) highlighting
Click a link below for specific note taking methods.