- It is not the amount of times you repeat a task, but the quality of the connections you create.
- Use as many of your senses as possible. Read it, write it, say it, sing it, and draw it.
Short reviews/not all-nighters
- Review material from class for 10 minutes after leaving.
- Review material from the day for 10 - 20 minutes before sleep.
- Group ideas and concepts into smaller related groups.
- Group vocabulary by 5-10 related words.
Tell a Story
- Tell yourself or a friend about what you are learning.
- Take the groups above and discuss their commonality.
- Use the first letters of key words to create a new word that is easy to remember.
- Exercise your brain the way you exercise your body.
- Create a game of Memory or another game to making learning more fun.
People who eat breakfast every day are not only thinner, but more alert and ready to learn.
Did you eat your breakfast this morning?