Cornell Method for Note Taking
- Split your paper into three areas and add a heading for the main topic that is being discussed.
- Use the left-hand column for key words, a specific question, names, dates, etc.
- In the right-hand, main column, explain the key words, give definitions or answer the question that has been posed.
- After class, review your notes and use the bottom of the page to summarize the notes you have taken.
- This is also the perfect space to draw conclusions, link to other ideas, and consider further research you may need to do.
***Tip*** To study simply fold your paper length-wise far enough so that you explanation is covered and only your "Key Words" are visible. Each page of notes is an instant note card!
Return to Note Taking