TRiO Student Support Services
Student Support Services is a TRiO program funded by the United States Department of Education. Student Support Services is a comprehensive academic support program providing study skills assistance, tutoring, and advising for success in college. Freshmen participants will complete a credit-bearing seminar designed to introduce students to the critical strategies, resources, and responsibilities of a university education.
Who is eligible for TRiO Student Support Services?
According to United States Department of Education guidelines, a student is eligible to participate if he or she is:
- a citizen or national of the United States;
- a permanent resident of the United States;
- enrolled or accepted for enrollment at Kutztown University;
- in need of academic support;
- fully motivated and committed to achieving academic success;
- first-generation college student, physically or learning disabled, or in need of financial assistance.
Members of TRiO Student Support Services receive many benefits including:
- academic and personal support throughout their college career;
- skills that may improve their academic performance;
- individualized attention;
- academic advising;
- an appointment for Priority Registration and other considerations limited to cooperative program participants;
- opportunities to expeience cultural events;
- student employment opportunities;
- financial literacy education.
Testimonials from TRiO Alumni
- "This program was very insightful and offered important resources, especially for transfer students like me."
- Monet H., Class of 2009
- "SSS has changed me by helping me grow in ways I couldn't have imagined. It's not only helped me with study skills, but also with life skills."
- Jamie P., Class of 2010
- "The program has many opportunities that I have utilized and the freshman seminar course helped me become a better student."
- Tony C., Class of 2012
Prospective Students: Apply Now!
If you are interested in becoming a member of TRiO Student Support Services here at Kutztown University, please fill out the application and mail or fax the form to the address listed below.
Application for Newly Admitted Kutztown Students
Application for Current Kutztown Students
*While filling out the application please take notice to the request of a signed copy of your parents' 1040 Federal Income Tax Return for the previous calender year. This document is necessary in order to be fully considered for the program.
121A Old Main
P.O. Box 730
Kutztown, PA 19530