TRiO Student Support Services
Student Support Services is a TRiO program funded by the United States Department of Education. Student Support Services is a comprehensive academic support program providing study skills assistance, tutoring, and advising for success in college. Freshmen participants will complete a credit-bearing seminar designed to introduce students to the critical strategies, resources, and responsibilities of a university education.
Who is eligible for TRiO Student Support Services?
According to United States Department of Education guidelines, a student is eligible to participate if he or she is:
- a citizen or national of the United States
- a permanent resident of the United States
- enrolled or accepted for enrollment at Kutztown University
- in need of academic support
- fully motivated and committed to achieving academic success
- first-generation college student, physically or learning disabled, or in need of financial assistance
Members of TRiO Student Support Services receive many benefits including:
- academic and personal support throughout their college career
- skills that may improve their academic performance
- individualized attention
- academic advising
- an appointment for Priority Registration and other considerations limited to cooperative program participants
- opportunities to experience cultural events
- student employment opportunities
- financial literacy education
Testimonials from Current TRiO Students & Alumni
- "TRiO has helped me put my goals into action by providing an amazing system of resources and the confidence to attain them. They have been supportive from my first semester of college until my last semester."
- Rischa B., Class of 2014
- "TRiO has been a very important part of my college career. I can honestly say I would not have made it this far without this program helping me to stay focused. The advisors are amazing and helpful and I am grateful for all the advantages that come along with being in the program."
- Nadea W., Class of 2015
- "TRiO Student Support Services is like Google for college students. Whenever I have a question, I ask TRiO SSSP and receive an answer, or they direct me to someone who knows the answer. I love the TRiO Student Support Services Program!"
- Briana P., Class of 2015
Prospective Students: Apply Now!
If you are interested in becoming a member of TRiO Student Support Services here at Kutztown University, please fill out the application and mail or fax the form to the address listed below.
Application for Newly Admitted Kutztown Students
Application for Current Kutztown Students
*While filling out the application please take notice to the request of a signed copy of your parents' 1040 Federal Income Tax Return for the previous calender year. This document is necessary in order to be fully considered for the program.
121A Old Main
P.O. Box 730
Kutztown, PA 19530