Bookmark and Share

Undeclared Transfer Students

Advisement for Undeclared Students

As an Undeclared Student, you will have the opportunity to research and evaluate academic majors and clarify your goals while you explore your interests through courses, programs, and extracurricular activities at Kutztown University (KU). The Department of Academic Enrichment provides a variety of resources and knowledgeable staff  to help you make informed decisions about your course work at KU.

Myths about Transferring to KU as an Undeclared Student

It's easier to be admitted to specific KU majors if you first enter as an undeclared student.
False: Undeclared students must meet all departmental requirements and prerequisites for the major they intend to declare. These requirements may include but are not limited to obtaining a specific minimum GPA, specific grades in prerequisite courses, and earning a specific number of cumulative credits. Undeclared students should be aware that there is no assurance that he or she will be accepted into the major of choice since programs with limited capacity may be restricted or closed.

If you are undeclared, you can take any classes you want.
False: Some academic departments limit course registration  to students who have declared a major in that area. As an undeclared student you may not be permitted to take courses in certain departments.

With the help of an Academic Advisor, you will be able to select courses from a variety of disciplines that match your interests and fulfill general education requirements for most KU degree programs.