Academic Advisement & Expectations
Your Academic Advisor is a person who will guide and advise you in matters such as selecting and scheduling courses, establishing and evaluating academic goals, understanding and navigating university policies and procedures, exploring academic majors and related careers, declaring a major, and connecting with other university programs and resources.
You are strongly encouraged to meet with your Academic Advisor often and utilize the range of resources and services available to you.
In order to find out more information about your assigned Academic Advisor, please refer to your MyKU account. Your Academic Advisor's name should be located under the "student center" tab. On the right-hand side of the page, a drop box labeled "advisor" will show you your assigned advisor's information.
- Schedule and keep regular appointments with your Academic Advisor. If you must miss an appointment, call the Department of Academic Enrichment at (610)683-4726 in advance to cancel and/or to re-schedule the appointment.
- Keep a file of important Kutztown University (KU) papers and bring it to all advising appointments.
- Prepare for your advising appointments by making a list of questions and concerns and completing all tasks or assignments recommended by your Academic Advisor.
- Check your Kutztown University (KU) email regularly for campus and department updates and announcements. Read and respond to all correspondence.
- Contact your assigned Academic Advisor immediately about any academic problems you encounter.
- Actively explore academic majors and careers by using the resources in the Career Development Center.
- Become familiar with the Undergraduate Course Catalog and Master Schedule.
- Learn how to navigate and use MyKU so you can register for courses and view your grades, financial aid package, tuition charges, and any restrictions you may have on your record (i.e. library fines, parking tickets).